We have talked several times about the benefits of Ayurvedic/mindful living in terms of diet, meditation, exercise and the like. But there are some very simple steps you can take each and every day that will benefit you, even without knowing your dosha(remember, the dosha is the aspect of Ayurveda that is most prominent in your physical and mental makeup).
These steps are all so simple that you can incorporate them into your routine without major expense or life change…yet they will change your life 😊
Simple Ways to Incorporate Ayurveda into Your Life
- Eat mindfully! This doesn’t just mean that you should think about what you are eating, but also where and how you eat. We live in such a frantic world, that the intention of eating is lost. We grab a fast food meal to go while we are scurrying between work and errands. Take the time to eat – pause, breathe and respect your food and your time.
- Get out of bed early! Ayurvedic living is spiritual (not to be confused with religious) living. By adapting our bodies to the cycles of nature, and by beginning each day as the sun rises and with thought and meditation, we start each day in a more energized and positive way.
- Practice Abhyanga! Yes, we know, you probably have no idea what that is. It is the Ayurvedic practice of self-massage with heated oil, preferably coconut or sesame oil. This head-to-toe massage (always aimed toward the center of your being – your heart) will be both invigorating and relaxing.
- Try Oil Pulling! This is the Ayurvedic method of eliminating toxins from your body through washing and rinsing your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes every day with coconut or sesame oil. This rejuvenating habit will leave your teeth and gums feeling refreshed and whitened and will even freshen your breath.
- Brush your Tongue! Ayurveda places a lot of importance on the function and well-being of the tongue, as it is so closely linked to most of the body’s life functions. By brushing your tongue daily with your TUNG Brush and Gel, you will be ridding the mouth, and therefore the body, of bacteria and other toxins that are detrimental to your overall health.
So, why not incorporate these five simple steps into your daily routine? Your overall physical and mental well-being will thank you. And just think about how much more time you will have to enjoy each day if you get up earlier to watch that sunrise… 😉 🌞 ☀️