The Fourth of July is upon us, and it is time to celebrate our independence with the five essential “Fs” of the Fourth: Family, Friends, Food, Fun and Fireworks! How’s that for a tongue twister?!
Speaking of tongues, lol, the TUNG Brush and Gel team thought we would share a neat recipe we found that will add sparkle and yumminess to your celebration or picnic! And guess what, it’s a healthy treat too! Would we share anything but healthy deliciousness with our you, our loyal customers and readers? Thanks to www.delish.com for this recipe!
Firecracker Yogurt Pops
Note: in addition to the ingredients, you will also need a 1 inch star shaped cookie cutter, popsicle molds and popsicle sticks. This recipe makes six pops, so if you have a bigger family, you can double it, just be sure you have enough molds and sticks!
- 6 large strawberries
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla – we like vanilla)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup blueberry yogurt
See how healthy and fresh the ingredients are? Next comes the fun part:
- Slice those big strawberries and then use the cookie cutter to stamp out strawberry stars. Set aside (see where this is heading?…)
- Combine Greek yogurt, milk and honey in a bowl and whisk them until blended.
- Fill each popsicle mold a quarter of the way with the yogurt/milk/honey blend. Then place a strawberry star against each side wall of the mold and continue to fill until you have filled three-quarters of the mold.
- Add a layer of blueberries and the blueberry yogurt to fill the mold.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each red, white and blue treat and place in the freezer to set.
Note: It normally takes 4-6 hours for the pops to set, but the time can be different depending on your freezer temperature, how full the freezer is, etc. You might want to make these the night before your celebration to be sure. 😊
Don’t forget, all the food in your celebration will taste better if you have great oral hygiene, so be sure to brush your teeth, floss between them and clean your tongue daily with your TUNG Brush and Gel.
From all of us to all of you, remember the five Fs, with our emphasis today on “Food”😉 and have a wonderful, SAFE and healthy Fourth!